You would be forgiven for missing intriguing news from Central America the other week. It appears that Costa Rica has a new President, by the delightful name of Laura Chinchilla.
Now far be it from me to suggest that someone who sounds like a porn star shouldn't run for high office. It's better than being called Newt, or Mitt. And it appears President Chinchilla is neither a pussycat nor a porn star. A bit of a Catholic hardliner by all accounts.
Catholic hardliners are making a comeback, which will make Manuel Estimulo very happy. The New New Pope (the New Pope was HHJP2, I was brought up with the true Pope Paul VI) is not comfortable with Harriet Harman's new Equality Bill. Well you can see why. It's not to do with gay priests, for Heaven's sake. (See what I did there? Heaven? It's a gay nightclub!) It's to do with Wimmin. You can't have them being equal to men in the Catholic Church. The men are jealously guarding the glamour.
As Nelson Mandela riposted to Archbishop Tutu after being admonished for his loud shirts: "I am being advised on my fashion sense by a man in a DRESS????"
We are now officially two days into Lent. I have given up oysters.* Here is the New New Pope opening the proceedings by having his lovely silver hair messed up a bit with ashes, symbolizing repentance. After the latest revelations from Ireland, they should have tipped a bucketful over his head. I dare say this will elicit some hysterical responses from the Satanists and Presbyterians among you, but oh, the frocks, the FROCKS!
* (You can't eat oysters anyway. Ed.)
Now far be it from me to suggest that someone who sounds like a porn star shouldn't run for high office. It's better than being called Newt, or Mitt. And it appears President Chinchilla is neither a pussycat nor a porn star. A bit of a Catholic hardliner by all accounts.
Catholic hardliners are making a comeback, which will make Manuel Estimulo very happy. The New New Pope (the New Pope was HHJP2, I was brought up with the true Pope Paul VI) is not comfortable with Harriet Harman's new Equality Bill. Well you can see why. It's not to do with gay priests, for Heaven's sake. (See what I did there? Heaven? It's a gay nightclub!) It's to do with Wimmin. You can't have them being equal to men in the Catholic Church. The men are jealously guarding the glamour.
As Nelson Mandela riposted to Archbishop Tutu after being admonished for his loud shirts: "I am being advised on my fashion sense by a man in a DRESS????"
We are now officially two days into Lent. I have given up oysters.* Here is the New New Pope opening the proceedings by having his lovely silver hair messed up a bit with ashes, symbolizing repentance. After the latest revelations from Ireland, they should have tipped a bucketful over his head. I dare say this will elicit some hysterical responses from the Satanists and Presbyterians among you, but oh, the frocks, the FROCKS!
* (You can't eat oysters anyway. Ed.)

No comments:
Post a Comment