I've discovered a couple of blogs that made me titter: Screamers, written by an exotic creature that lives in the badlands whence cometh our beloved Commissioner for Trade, and Harry Hutton's Chase me Ladies, I'm in the Cavalry which made me laugh so much my toenails ached. A quote from Harry which will touch a nerve: "Having testicles is like being chained to the village idiot". Vicus Scurra will no doubt know what he's talking about.
Health report: my voice is gradually modulating from the honk of a wounded sea lion to the baritone rasp of Leonard Cohen impersonating Marlene Dietrich. I finally fell back on the antibiotics which seem to be kicking in slowly. This was no normal flu. After my blog being "buried" by Google, I suspect foul play. I have been the victim of germ warfare. Who would be behind such a dastardly trick?I think they're all barking up the wrong tree where national security is concerned. It's not your Iraqi or your Afghan they should be harrassing. Leave the Moroccan corner shop guy alone. The last person I spoke to before I went down with this bug was from ... Portugal. The way they played in the World Cup, I wouldn't put anything past them. They don't call those jellyfish Portuguese Men-o'-War for nothing you know.
21 comments:
Harry's a good boy, isn't he? His blog used to be disfigured with comments from evil provocateurs called "Lord Angus Fartwell" and "Sol Kashburg", but thankfully they've been keeping a low profile of late.
Friends of yours, by any chance? I like your blog too though, Fluffy.
oh god. does that mean you'll be able to talk on saturday ?
I wouldn't call it talking, more like a cross between squawking and croaking. I may have to communicate by semaphore.
learn sign-language, quick. i don't understand it.
I am surprised you've only just found out about Harry because he's been entertaining a lot of us for more than two years now. It's well worth looking through his archives. I recommend the letter to 'Boris Johnsons'. A post about David Irving at the end of last February provoked a hell of a spat with a nutter called Sol Kashberg.
I'm relatively new to blogging but have a distinct feeling that some of the names you mention are part of the same fractured personality, not all of them human. Would Baron Crapulence be one of his regular interlocutors perchance? I recommend to you a book called "Sybil" by Flora Rheta Schreiber. A dual personality should be enough for anyone. 16 is just showing off.
L'arabe du coin says get yourself some Ras-el-hanout and make an infusion! Gargle once a day, preferably before you go out!
Nobody will come near you enough to give any geeerms!!
I've been working my way through Chase Me Ladies' archives. He is a very funny bloke, that I'd somehow not mananged to come across until recently. I'd just started my own adventures in Blogland in February when all that Sol Kashberg stuff was going on. He was a most peculiar man.
If I may, let me recommend Mr Latigo Flint, denizen of the squinty-eyed West and hapless barista-wooer. One of Blogdom's finest. http://anewwordforfast.blogspot.com/
Sorry about rubbishness of my linking etiquette. I forget, for the moment, how to make it pretty.
Sam, I think there is something decidedly fishy about Kashburg, Mr Richard Head (geddit?) and a certain large hairy primate of this parish. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I've got my Hetty Wainthropp hat on and trust me, if there is Funny Business going on, I will get to its bottom.
No I don't know how to do that linking thing either in comments. If anyone can help ....?
Yes, I noticed that comment of Sol appearing just when I said he'd been keeping a low profile. Thankfully, he kept it to a single brief one.
I hope you're not implying that Sol is my fictional creation, Daphne. An allegation like that would make me thump my chest. If you look at the comments following the 'David Irving' post, Harry identifies Sol's ISP address as being from Tel Aviv (which you can do with haloscan). Harry would have known if Sol had been a hoax created by another commenter.
If you want to create a live link, just use the text below replacing all the square brackets with < and > signs.
[A HREF="http://anewwordforfast.blogspot.com"]Latigo Flint[/A]
Hm. (Strokes beard thoughtfully). Well as I haven't found the sodding David Irving post yet, the jury's still out on that one. I'll have more to say on this, make no mistake. There's a scene from "Cabaret" playing in my mind, Joel Gray singing "If you could see her though my eyes". I'm sure there is such a thing as a Jewish gorilla. Wasn't Irgun full of them?
Thanks for the linkage thingy.
I found it. I got about halfway through and then it started getting dark and snow started falling so I'll have to read the rest in the spring. The exchanges I read only served to make me even more suspicious. Ivor Whopper ???!!!! Surely he is related to Richard Head?? Idiotidiotidiot made some tantalizing references to chimpanzees. Who on earth has the time to write so much garbage? Is it some idle taxdodger, I mean student, with nothing else to do but invent ridiculous personae and then make them talk to each other in some juvenile attempt to get his comments tally into three figures? Get a flippin’ job! as my late husband used to say to street performance artistes and beggars. (Mind you I liked Bore's obscure reference to one of my favourite films "Blazing Saddles" which no-one else seems to have picked up on ... so maybe they're not all the same person. Or they are but he/she has a short memory). You say Haloscan shows that Sol Kashberg is in Tel Aviv – well you say you’re in the Congo, but who’s to say you’re not writing from London Zoo? Harry Hutton says he can tell, but I am starting to have serious doubts about his bona fides too. Fluffy dear, I’m not suggesting you are a figment of your own imagination (or Harry's), but you’ve got to admit, it’s all a bit fishy. Have you read “Sybil” yet? I really think you should. Now, tell me about your relationship with your mother ....
Daphne dear, Harry's blog is really very popular. Technorati shows that he gets 1000 visitors a day, so he has no need to invent bogus commenters. Incidently, one of the later 'Sol Kashburgs' in that thread was indeed a hoaxer who later identified himself as such. Everyone was trying to annoy Sol that day.
As for Sybil, wasn't that also a movie starring Sally Field? Good but depressing. We gorillas prefer uplifting tales, like Don Quixote.
Wot! there's a Madame Zidane??? not fair..and yes he's utterly gorgeous... shame it's his last game...
Kabyle boys are the best! (Sorry Cream - zwitzerwitz or whatever they say).
I withdraw that statement. I made it just before that berk headbutted the Italian. What a twat.
I may understand what Harry is talking about, but I don't have a clue about you, Daffers old cauliflower.
An enigma wrapped inside a mystery, Vicus, that's me. Even to myself.
Did you know that you can create short links with Shortest and get dollars for every visit to your short urls.
Post a Comment