Sunday, October 3

A WEEK IN PROVENCE

Saignon, just outside Apt

Yes Provence was very nice thank you. Apart from it being freezing cold most of the week, and the lousy hotel in Avignon (avoid the Hotel de Blauvac, unless you're an insomniac) and pranging the hire car, and being eaten alive by mosquitoes, and the food being not all that (the best meal of the week was in the NH hotel at Lyon St Exupéry airport waiting for the flight home), and getting altitude headaches from driving up mountain roads, and .... to be honest, I'm not very good at being On Holiday.



Ménerbes, erstwhile home of P.Mayle


The cemetery at Lourmarin, current home of P.Mayle*: the lengths
some people will go to, to end up in exalted company



L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue



My site meter count is approaching 100,000. That seems like an appropriate time to stop. To be honest I'm a bit fed up with output, and feel like concentrating on input for a while. Reading. Books. Meanwhile, you know where to find me on Facebook and I will make the occasional pithy comment on your blogs if I feel moved.


I'm not gone yet, but soon, soon, my friends, I sense my time is nigh ......



* the village, not the cemetery



No comments: