
Time to say "Sayonara" to the Beijing Olympics- and didn't we do well! I lost count of the number of times I had to put down my chips and stand to attention for the national anthem. It was a bit difficult with McChe howling and pretending to roll in pain on the floor. "Look," I told him firmly, "You can have your country back when the oil runs out. In fact, leave us Chris Hoy and you can go now."
It was nice to see the young people pursuing healthy activity and staying away from drugs. I am not sporty myself, being cursed with weak ankles, poor eyesight and an aversion to getting my hair wet, but nevertheless I enjoyed watching the events, especially the ones involving muscular glistening-ebony-skinned young men in very tight lycra. Thanks to the men's 100m final I am guaranteed one multiple orgasm every four years.
Athletes' kit is getting even skimpier. By London 2012 the women will be running in thongs. It's a long way from the aertex shirt, wraparound gym skirt and locknit knickers I used to wear for double games on a Wednesday afternoon. It was suggested that the mania for tattoos in Beijing was yet another way of getting performance-enhancing substances into athletes by undetectable means. It would be a brave inspector who would investigate Belarussian heptathlete Yana Maksimava's tattoo, especially while she's clutching that javelin.
Nastier looking than Nastia Lyukin.
Even Michael Johnson was scared.
It was nice to see the young people pursuing healthy activity and staying away from drugs. I am not sporty myself, being cursed with weak ankles, poor eyesight and an aversion to getting my hair wet, but nevertheless I enjoyed watching the events, especially the ones involving muscular glistening-ebony-skinned young men in very tight lycra. Thanks to the men's 100m final I am guaranteed one multiple orgasm every four years.
Athletes' kit is getting even skimpier. By London 2012 the women will be running in thongs. It's a long way from the aertex shirt, wraparound gym skirt and locknit knickers I used to wear for double games on a Wednesday afternoon. It was suggested that the mania for tattoos in Beijing was yet another way of getting performance-enhancing substances into athletes by undetectable means. It would be a brave inspector who would investigate Belarussian heptathlete Yana Maksimava's tattoo, especially while she's clutching that javelin.
Nastier looking than Nastia Lyukin. Even Michael Johnson was scared.
AND FINALLY ....
Some people might be disappointed to learn that regime change is not brought about by an internet poll: Downing Street gently point out that signing petitions is really pointless.
Some people might be disappointed to learn that regime change is not brought about by an internet poll: Downing Street gently point out that signing petitions is really pointless.

17 comments:
She looks a bit like a middle-aged Bardot after breast reduction surgery. A very clever place for a tattoo - when she wants to get rid of it she just stops shaving.
You didn't mention the piercings - did you see the amount Philips Something had? (Long jump.) I managed to get to 3 - but some may have been covered up ....
Is it over in Belgium? We're still watching in UK. Boxing gold this morning in spite of the biting Cuban.
Brings back memories of when we used to tuck our gym slips in our navy blue knickers for sport. Well it was war- time.
We couldn't have Clarkson for PM ; he'd wear jeans to visit the Queen.
Belgium got a gold medal today! Whodathunk?
GB, I wouldn't be suprised if the Russkies used that trick to transmit messages during the cold war. But unless the tattoo was temporary, it would be a case of "I will say thees only once".
Zoe, plucky little Belgium! They came 45th out of a total of 75 or so medal winners, but there were over 100 more behind who didn't win any medals at all. Still, it's the taking part that counts.
Pat, I'd imagine the Queen would get on rather well with Clarksie. He would remind her of the Duke. I don't think he and Charlie would hit it off though. She could discuss engines with him.
Am I the only one who didn't sign the petition?
He's the only reason why I don't watch Top Gear!
Chips in your lunchbox? Don't they go limp?
I would rather have Richard Hammond in my lunchbox. He'd fit in perfectly and still leave room for a Kit Kat.
I didn't watch it myself but it does seem that we did awfully well, which is one in the eye for all those London 2012 nay-sayers.
Did you have double games on a Wednesday afternoon too? Maybe everybody did. I used to hide in the toilets to avoid it though.
It looks like Roobarb from Roobarb and Custard. Richard Briers would have been so proud.
Welcome Gadjo! I have been trying to tempt you over here for some time. Glad to hear you were following "Team GB" over in the land of Dracula, Michael Howard and the Cheeky Girls. I imagine Yana is a bit of a pin-up over there?
Jake - "it" .... ????? I had never heard of Roobarb and Custard. I had to go and look it up. I can't see anything on this post that looks like a green dog, although that could be a bag of kittens in the bottom of the second picture. Have you been at the Lambic again?
Ms Wayne-Bough, I'm as delighted as you are! Indeed, one feels more British when doesn't have to live in the place itself. That Jana is my cup of tea, I have to tell you, but I fear she'd be a bit exotic for the Romanians. They usually like their women homely, with a nice headscarf; though when the sun comes out they do all tend to dress like The Cheeky Girls.
New olympic discipline: meme throwing. And you just won the gold medal!
I hope your ankles will hold out.
Dear Daphne, I've nominated you on my blog to present your choice of 12 films. It's a little tradition that we have; but only if you feel like it though. Cheers!
Bonjours Daphné,
A trois plombes du mat ,le marathon féminin surprenant ! Alors que les Commentaires pudiques ou incompétent peut-être l'émotion ou alors le caca d'un vieux pigeon malade de la polution sur leur écran ,bref ! fixé sur Paula qui en bavait des ronds d'chapeaux un bref instant à l'écart sur le côté , dixit " Paula Radcliffe , a disparu de nos écrans a t'elle abandonnée ! non elle a un problème de chaussure ou de lacets " ( Sic... )???
Mais en fait non tout le monde l'a vu s'accroupir pour un autre petit besoin et ce en direct culotte baissée ! Elle , n'a pas de tatouage .
Un exploit peut en cacher un autre !Paula Radcliffe détentrice du record du monde termine 23e .Bravo quand même !
Jeannie Longo, 49 ans et toutes ses dents, 100% bio ,cinq fois championne du monde et une fois championne olympique ,quatrième du contre-la-montre dames à deux secondes du podium ,La seconde française,a pris la vingtième place .C'qui m'fait rire , pour Londres la France trouvera les clés de son avenir dans l'fond d'ses placards quelques "mamie" ou "papi" apte !
C'est ça ou j'me remets au marathon !
It would be nice to see "young people pursuing healthy activity and staying away from drugs" but not at the Olympics where the best Chemists in the world are collecting even more Gold than their clients..
I mean Athletes.
The Chinese Government must be relieved that their faux charm offensive is finally over and they can return to their regularly scheduled plot to rule the world at any cost.
((((Gong))))
Did you see the Brit. ad campaign with the nekkid athletes?
It seems like all athletes performance-enhancing drugs these days, with some not being clever enough to not get caught, of course.
I often wonder whether the kind of outfits that athletes wear these days has more to do with improving performance or sex-appeal. For all we know, they might start competing in their birthday-suits very soon.
Post a Comment