Tuesday, November 13

AND THE WINNER IS ...


A little detective work will win you first prize. Could these two chaps be related?




The winner of my deviously intriguing puzzle is the damn clever dicky Doctor Maroon !! who wins a box of lovely chocs. Belgian chocolates have to be eaten within three weeks of purchase, so hurry up and send me your address Doc, or I shall be forced to dispose of them in the time-honoured fashion. And for anyone who thinks Belgian chocolates are "sickly", you have never tasted these ones I have ready to send to the good doctor.

Followed by

2. Brian Roberts

3. Ché l'Ecossais
4. Dip-Dop-Crabtree
5. ExAfrica
6. MKWM
7. Mr Farty


I can't run to consolation prizes, but heartfelt congratulations to all the runners-up, and I salute your indefatigability. I will let the rest of you rack your brains a bit longer before I put you out of your misery. Unless you send me a large amount of money, and I'll tell you straight away.

I go to enormous efforts to keep my readers entertained. You will notice the addition of a musical box on the left where I have gone to great lengths to find songs appropriate to the subject of the current post to share with you. I don't know if some of you have even noticed it is there.

Pearls before swine. (Sigh)



18 comments:

Pat said...

Great to hear the other Elvis. His 'Wish I could be home for Christmas' use to make me cry when my boy was at













You are a meanie!
Great to hear the other Elvis. His 'Wish I could be home for Christmas'used to make me cry.
















uuni

Pat said...

It disappeared then came back half cocked and I'm now late. Sorry

Anonymous said...

Oh well I hope that Doctor Maroon will bite its fingers!!
I tease! that it catches a good...
Heck!! It is not still what I wanted to tell, I congratulate it with having the gold medal, and me that in chocolate
;-)

The Aunt said...

Both are felines, large, same species, but two different colours, both colours present on snooker tables. I think enough is said.

Please present prize to nearest other suggestion as have sworn off chocolate of all sorts.

Anonymous said...

Damn, Auntie beat me. Easy peasy.
What's runners up prize?

Vida

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Pat, a little early in the day to be at the cooking sherry, surely?

Crabtree, les blogs facilitent les jeux sans frontieres. Si seulement les conflits pouvaient se resoudre de la meme facon.

Aunty, your giraffe lookouts must have spotted the two panthers. Oh, panthers don't have spots do they. (Sorry about Arthur by the way, I didn't realize he was lurking in the background). A fat book from my library as non-fattening prize?

Vida, you have won an invite to the Brussels bloggers Christmas party on 8th November. E-mail me your coordinates and I'll keep you in the loop.

MKWM said...

Which two chaps, Daphne? And what are you on about, girls? Oh well, keep the chocs away...

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Oh do keep up, people. Black panther, pink panther -- geddit? Although technically speaking, Tommy Smith and John Carlos weren't BPs.

It was a great time to be 17. Anyone under 45 can move along, this is before your time.

Dr Maroon said...

I got it. (your panther references) though I am neither black nor pink.

Anonymous said...

On the 8th November? Now you're just being mean.

Vida

Anonymous said...

One assumes that you mean Saturday 8th December. Which is no good for me, as I shall be playing table tennis on the 8th and doing dressage on the 9th (both back in Blighty). Still, as I'm not a blogger, and only a part-time Brusselonian, I can't have much cause for complaint.

On the panther front, I'm so young that I expected the film to be a cartoon, like the tv series they based it on!

MKWM said...

Ah! that's in Mexico, but I was not 17 and I should have moved along by now. Anyway Daphne, je donne ma langue au chat, or to the pink panther if you prefer, and keep on shaking your maracas...

(Vida, I think Daphne just lost track of time. Next thing she'll do is lying about MY age).

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Yes, oh dear, and there's me accusing Pat of being out to lunch! It's 8th December, Vida. Just before Easter.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Totally lost it this week. I was 13, not 17 (although very mature for my age - I had matching shoes and handbag even then). And some of you weren't even born. It was that summer when everything was kicking off. Just type "1968" into YouTube and you've got a whole week's entertainment.

Pat said...

As one dotty lady to another have we had the answer to the original question?

Ché l'écossais said...

A bore writes :

Of course, technically, Inspector Clouseau, played by the late Peter Sellars, who was an interesting character, was neither a panther nor pink, but much the same could be said of the "real" Pink Panther, which as we all know was the diamond, which David Niven, who was an English actor, tries to steal, in the first film, so the Clouseau pic is misleading, and the two Olympic athletes from Mexico 1968, which was a good year, were not, of course, actual members of the Black Panther movement, although the raised fists were certainly a symbol of Black Power, which isn't quite the same thing, so that's misleading too, I keep on telling Daphne she needs an editor, someone erudite, like me, oh and Lynx, the cartoon was based on the opening credits of the first film, created by masterful cartoonists DePatie and Freleng, who created such timeless classics as blether rhubarb waffle bah humbug and Star Trek is much better than Star Wars anyway.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Che, you put the "er" in "erudite".

Turgay Doğan said...

Work and Travel Alaska
Very nice site , thank you.