Still on the subject of religion, in Iran the Islamic police are arresting women for not wearing their hijab correctly. You are supposed to completely cover your hair, and some shameless floozies have been wearing their hijab in a rather cavalier manner, letting the veil slide back on their head to expose their follicles. Which apparently inflames male ardour to the point of constituting a public danger.
For Allah's sake, it's spring, even in Tehran. The turbanned devils have picked a bad time to interrupt human mating rituals. In the human world, contrary to the animal kingdom, it is the female who displays in the spring by peeling off layers of clothing. And Eastern ladies are famously good at it. The oriental temptress with a ruby in her navel, undulating and exuding a heady perfume of musk, sandalwood and jasmine whilst proffering a platter of Fry's Turkish Delight will remain forever stamped on the memories of Englishmen of a certain age. The poems of Omar Khayyam tell us that Eastern memsahibs liked a bit of slap and tickle as much as the next girl. Repressing a woman's natural sexuality will only drive her into the arms of Sappho, like this Nigerian lady who is now on the run from Sharia law for taking four wives.
For Allah's sake, it's spring, even in Tehran. The turbanned devils have picked a bad time to interrupt human mating rituals. In the human world, contrary to the animal kingdom, it is the female who displays in the spring by peeling off layers of clothing. And Eastern ladies are famously good at it. The oriental temptress with a ruby in her navel, undulating and exuding a heady perfume of musk, sandalwood and jasmine whilst proffering a platter of Fry's Turkish Delight will remain forever stamped on the memories of Englishmen of a certain age. The poems of Omar Khayyam tell us that Eastern memsahibs liked a bit of slap and tickle as much as the next girl. Repressing a woman's natural sexuality will only drive her into the arms of Sappho, like this Nigerian lady who is now on the run from Sharia law for taking four wives.I deplore this attempt by the beardie gestapo to interfere with nature, and may I suggest the ladies retaliate by making themselves as visible as possible, for example by exchanging their boring old black burqa for a nice floral print.

19 comments:
Flashing follicles? Not nice!
Alternatively, they could leave their armpits unshaven in the hope of attracting men with their natural body scent. The West could help dropping DVDs of Xena the Warrior Princess over Iran. The episode where she shaves off a man's beard with her sword.
Omar Khayyam, I remember him, didn't he go on to bigger and better things with a shaver and the procurement of a company.
It's also true about the slap and tickle. A friend of mine was in Agent Provacateur reently in London. The only other customers were a load of giggling burqa's
Deux mots , la Sharia , charrie !
I'm a Brit of a certain age.
And you're right. Turkish Delight adverts. Lovely.
Having dabbled a little in Naval Architecture in the past I have to confess that I prefer a mouthful of Turkish delight to a ruby.
That Nigerian lady is a bit greedy!
They knocked down the theatre where the Nigerian woman had her wedding? Holy moo, these men are really terrified of her aren't they?
I'm all for tolerance for other religions in the world but I'm not for tolerating intolerance. Muslim women are some of the most put upon in the world. I wish the secular went could do something to help them out instead of wring our hands and say, well we can't interfere in traditions and beliefs. Whose traditions and beliefs? Patriarchal Muslim men's. The woman just don't get a say.
Pat, if you're going to let your hijab slip, you'd better make sure you've had your roots done.
GB, I bet Xena shaves her armpits with a Gillette razor, made by Omar Khayyam's brother Victor.
Brom, Victor Khayyam was disowned by his family for encouraging men to shave off their beards.
Crabtree, la burqa, beurk!
Tippler, the Fry's Turkish Delight girl was not Turkish, but the Flake girl was definitely flakey.
Cream, so you like a bit of fluff.
Sam, the recent massive pro-secularism demonstrations in Turkey are proof that they're not all nutters east of Wimbledon. There are far more secular and moderate Moslems than we're encouraged to believe, sadly they have to keep their gobs shut for reasons of personal safety and family harmony.
Absolument, Daphnee, I spend all my time picking it out of my architecture.
But honestly I am quite encouraged really about the turnout in Turkey.
Yes, I was too.
Mind you, after two days in Koweit I started wearing a scarf, sunglasses and lippy à la Benazir Bhutto. It was the stares that did it.
I can't work out whether it was because I was a wanton Western devil woman, or whether it was just my all-round fabulosity on its first airing in the Middle East.
Said with the lily of the valley …
Je porte bonheur...
Amitié Daphne
And a happy Mayday to you all, comrades.
"Mind you, after two days in Koweit I started wearing a scarf, sunglasses and lippy à la Benazir Bhutto. It was the stares that did it."
Are you sure they were staring at your face, Aunty?
Juste quelques fleurs,
Point de révolution,
Un peut de bonheur,
Et beaucoup de respect,
Zut ! Et la rime ?
J’ai failli dire dévotion vu le sujet !
Sui-je bête !! ADMIRATION
I don't want to blow my own trumpet but my follicles are sublime. Women envy them, men die for them, yet noone has possessed them entirely, except Wanda, my hairdresser. She adores me.
bravo, daphlet. madame chapeau is totally with the fashion statement.
ps...was planning to wear a lovely little silk rag to the kentucky derby party in the local and watch the queen on the big screen tv. helas! it's snowing. back to the wools. got a great hat, though, adorned with fresh flowers left from the wedding i did this morning. hope you and your lot will give us a reaction to the queen's jaunt here in the colonies. how i'd love to do her some hats. love, mme chapeau
Snowing in New Mexico ????? Ye Gods, the world's gone mad. It's tropical here in Belgium.
I'm not sure HM would look as good as I do in satin bananas. Although she's a game old bird, you could send her some samples.
The 'floral prints' idea sounds nice.
:D
Post a Comment