Wednesday, September 16

DANCING QUEEN AT SIX O'CLOCK


If you're passing by Trafalgar Square around 6 p.m. tomorrow, check out the fourth plinth, where Mike Atkinson of Troubled Diva is going to disco dance for an hour! Mike kindly included a post of mine in his anthology Shaggy Blog Stories a couple of years ago. His playlist was compiled from suggestions from his readers. To catch a glimpse of him on his plinth go to the website of Anthony Gormley's One and Other project between 6.00 and 7.00 UK time Thursday evening. You can download his playlist here and dance along if you want.

If I were to get up
on the plinth to shake my maracas, what would you suggest I use as my backing track?


Here's little Kylie in one of my old costumes and a couple of dancing queens in a routine that has something for everyone, and gives a whole new meaning to the expression "Keep your socks on". I hope Mike is going to be wearing a bit more than that, otherwise he will find himself dancing the Nutcracker Suite.




No comments: