Friday, August 14

I'LL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD

I've no sooner finished telling you about one holiday than I'm off on another, to the wilds of Ayrshire this time, to see a man about a cake among other things. Mr McChé, who was supposed to be accompanying me on this little jaunt, must have got wind of my dastardly plan to leave him on the steps of the Glasgow branch of the Department of Work and Pensions in a cardboard box, and has succumbed to the long-term effects of a Scottish diet. He will live to sleep through another day. But sadly he will not be well enough to join me in the land of the deep fried Mars bar where I hope to be enjoying a bit of this sort of thing :





Meanwhile I've made you up a nice little playlist entirely of Glaswegian artistes so you can be with me in spirit. Some friends have expressed concern about me being at large on the streets of Glesga. I quote Vi Hornblower: "Glasgow is the most horrible place I've ever been, and I've lived in Nigeria." McChe has coached me in the local lingo and customs, and his spirit will stumble along beside me as I shuffle along Sauchiehall Street greeting the locals with a nasal "Yaright pal?" I know the words to Flower of Scotland if I get in a tight spot. I am prepared.


6 comments:

Lulu LaBonne said...

AAArgh, the pattern go here before me.

That music was totally fab Daph, is there a festival going on or are you just going to stumble from bar to bar in the hope of coming across a good time?

Pat said...

Just like you to cock a snoop at the Edinburgh Festival. What a shame you'll miss Jimmy who's in Alcudia - if he can find it.
Have a ball.

Ms Scarlet said...

Have a very nice time.
I was going to mention the pattern, and Mr Jimmy, but Lulu and Pat beat me to it.
Sx

Anonymous said...

Ma laidy,

Good voyage to the kingdom of Nessie ( take an insurance if monster celebrates it would attack ),where the castles fall in ruins ( who disappear under an arid vegetation ),and where the drizzle which tends maliciously towards the downpour persists eleven months out of twelve ! Take your famous umbrella !
That I understand Mr. McChé ! That I believed already there low in immersion !

Autolycus said...

"Gone to see a man about a cake" - is that some sort of euphemism? I trust you've been brushing up on your Parliamo Glasgow? God speed, and lang may yer lum reek, or whatever.

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Daphne,

Have a great and enjoyable trip.

U