Friday, July 17

ONE FOR THE ROAD

Thanks to the miracle of Blogger, I can post as if I am with you! When in fact I am at this very moment boulevarding in gay Paree. It's spooky, isn't it?

While I'm away, enjoy a glass of Louvain's finest.



12 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

You must tell us about the French internet cafe, milady. Do they serve food there?

Pat said...

I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles. I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles. I love Paris period.
Internet cafe? Good so you can comment on my post 'The writing game':) N'est ce pas?

Ms Scarlet said...

Cheers!
Sx

Autolycus said...

Amusez-vous bien... You're really auditioning for the Moulin Rouge again, do admit.

Affer said...

I was prevailed upon to try Desperados beer when last in Paris. I thought it tasted like Pschitt....

Madame DeFarge said...

I am struggling with the lack of internet in Derby and trying to use my little 3 dongle. Everything is crawling by. I am envious of you being on the net and being in Paris. Enjoy it all while it works.

Barlinnie said...

I appreciated this more than most. I've had one or two 'Stella' moments myself over the years.

I'm with Pat on this one, there is something wonderful about Paris in the rain.

Gadjo Dilo said...

Ah, those Stella adverts were so well done. Make one positively want to come to Belgium.

Anonymous said...

I deduct that from it the piccolos of the cycle are French-speaking !

À tous ceux qui partent, à tous ceux qui restent, Je lève mon verre ,tchin tchin a ta santé Daphné !

Manuel Estimulo said...

Hola Daphne!

Is very lovely. I shall also be in Paris next weekend, but not the gay parts.

Enjoy very much the wine (although it is not as good as Rioja)

Besos

Manuel

Ché said...

@Gorilla B.

As someone who actually ran a Paris internet cafe, I can recommend the Mars Bars - lots of turnover, so they're usually fresh.

For Health and Safety reasons, we're not allowed a deep-frier on the premises, so it will have to be "nature".
That's ok, though, you get all the nutrients and natural benefits of the sucrose-fructose.

Washed down with a cheeky little Sprite, maybe ?
Subtle hints of citrus fruit and sodium benzoate, with a je-ne-sais-quoi of sucrose-fructose.

And wash your mitts after using the keyboards - you don't know how many horny adolescents have used it before you.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Ha ha! Fooled you all. I have not touched a keyboard in ten days. I posted this cheeky little number with a delayed publication date and I can assure you I have not set foot in a Paris internet cafe - I've heard enough about what goes on in them from the tech guru.

Remarkable number of gorillas down in the West of France, though. You wouldn't have a holiday job now GB, would you?

Got out of Paris this morning just in time to avoid being mown down by the Tour de France. They must have pedalled like mad to get from Provence (yesterday) to the Champs Elysees today. That Spaniard in the yellow jersey certainly puts the Estimulo into Manuel. Who said the drugs don't work?

Will tell you all about my adventures in the French answer to Royston Vasey next week.