Mesdames et Messieurs, I give you .... France's new first lady, Mrs Sarkozy, doing what she does best. I listened to some of her own songs and frankly, I wouldn't impose that on my worst enemy. It appears she has an album due out this year produced by pop svengali Dave Stewart. Now call me cynical, but the lengths some people will go to to get publicity. Even Michael Jackson wouldn't do that.
Of course if she's been planted by the Socialist party, she is a national treasure, and may have saved France. The pistol firing gesture may be to demonstrate what she has just done to Sarkozy's popularity ratings.
Of course if she's been planted by the Socialist party, she is a national treasure, and may have saved France. The pistol firing gesture may be to demonstrate what she has just done to Sarkozy's popularity ratings.
14 comments:
Sarko looks like a bit of a prat with a trophy wife to end all trophy wives on his arm. A true leader would have had his fun and then married her to his bodyguard.
The femme fatale with the "Terminator smile". I'm sure Nicolas can handle her. Did Mick Jagger or Eric Clapton get an invite to the wedding?
No harm done if they live happily ever after...
:D
GB, she's certainly made a monkey out of him (no offence). She describes herself as left-leaning, which is why I half suspect a Socialist Party honey trap. She might get the Legion d'Honneur for this.
Gambo, I think it was a very select gathering. There was certainly not room for all her ex lovers and all his ex wives, even in the Elysee Palace. Although I'm sure he'd have loved to have them all in the official photograph.
Sid, a large number of French taxpayers may beg to disagree with you. A great deal of harm done to France, if he's not got his mind on the job. The job of running the country, I mean. And as for living happily ever after ... I give it approximately four and a half years, unless he gets impeached before the end of his mandate.
Ms Wayne-Bough, I think you'll find she is left-leaning because one leg is shorter than the other. (It's a long story, involving the Earl of Leicester, three beaters and a man-trap.)
First, Sarko gets hitched to someone who, let's be honest, I would not kick out of bed for eating biscuits, then "barb michelen" comes up with a way of making yourself rich in 30 minites a day - coincidence?
Dear Barb,
Greetings and confreral valdictions!
My name is Prince His Highness Zambuto Inzana, I am the second cousin of His Excellency the President of Nigeria and Chief Executive Officer of the First Bank of Nigeria ...
(cont'd p. 94)
Hm, this is just a wild guess, but would that homeworking job involve browsing blogs and placing inane comments with a link to a homeworking website?
You know, apart from the last seven words, that's pretty much what I do anyway all day.
Don't they deserve each other?
I think you're very optimistic. I'd give it a year. She might not necessarily be on the make, but he's definitely on the rebound, and his sort of vanity is a great deal more fragile than (of course) he pretends. I don't get the impression that catering to any man's vanity is quite her forte; and I do get the impression that he's more than capable of kicking anybody out of bed for eating biscuits.
It is a most extraordinary pairing but then me and the ProbHub are pretty unlikely too so I guess I'm disinclined to cynicism right off the bat.
I got her album No Promises last year before there was any Sarkozy business to know about. It contains poems by Dickinson - which was mainly why I bought it - Yeats, Christina Rosetti, Auden and Dorothy Parker and, although I thought it didn't sound like a terrific idea to have a supermodel compose tunes and sing them, I found the whole album quite affecting. I've played it so much over breakfast my kids are learning some pretty fabulous poetry all incidentally like. They were going to school for a while singing "I carry the sun in a golden bag/ The moon in a silver cup".
3 months and then marriage though? At the very least it sounds o'er-hasty to me.
I think it would be fab if she turns out to be a woman of substance or a leftist plant. In years to come there would be novels and plays and operas about her. 'Twould be great.
Actually she carried the sun in a golden cup and the moon was in a silver bag. My bad.
She could turn out to be France's Eva Peron! Then Andrew Lloyd Webber would write a musical about her, and she would end up with her face on French stamps. Hey I like this gel more and more ... no wonder she got shot of Jagger. Rock chicks have to stay in the background and just look good. This gig has much more scope. Go Carla!
If England can have an Italian manager why shouldn't should the French?
Post a Comment