Friday, June 1

UPWARD MOBILITY


Hola amigos! I'm back from sunny Spain, and will give you a full report as soon as I've moved my priceless collection of Polish china and silver-plated cutlery from the frankly scuzzy part of town where I currently reside to the new Wayne-Bough Towers, which is in an upper class residential leafy suburb very close to Aunty Marianne and Scouse Doris, so I'd better get another case of Pimms in. I'm looking forward to some stonking bridge parties.

The trip to Seville with the K.N.O.B. was a resounding success and I can't wait to tell you all about it. Hasta luego, companeros!

13 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

You're moving your knives and plates on a Panama freighter? How many bloody spoons do you own?

Gorilla Bananas said...

I was wondering what had happened to you. I don't believe the KNOB-related activies lasted as long as you're implying. Did you squeeze in a Shirley Valentine vacation?

Cream said...

Good luck with the move.
Moving your China, eh? Have a smashing time!

Tippler said...

Welcom back, dear.

Right, I'm off to take up residence in the Big Blogger house...

Anonymous said...

Nothing like pimms to welcome a lady home

SpanishGoth said...

So, if I read this correctly, you've been to Spain, dabbled with a knob, and are now going to be with Marianne - tits...

The Aunt said...

I'm very worried my crystal won't be up to standard.

She'll have to take us as she finds us.

Blotto, usually.

Brom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brom said...

I'm worried that Auntie M has somehow set up a temporal vortex in her front room which is attracting bloggers from all directions. It might explain my sudden frequent trips to Brussels

Goth.... your next comment must not contain the words, black, Auntie's or hole.

ooops, too many typos.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Vicus, what a pleasant surprise that you've found time to come back and rant at me. FYI, I own a considerable number of spoons for all weathers, not to mention an impressive set of fish knives.

GB, I did squeeze in a short break in gorgeous Seville which I will tell you all about shortly.

Cream, only two glasses got broken in the move, and they were not my best crystal.

Tippler, you'd fit in perfectly, the place is full of OAPs.

Cynic, do you put a cucumber in yours?

Goth, were you interrupted, or are you on more intimate terms with Aunty than I was aware? I thought of you and Mariposa when I was in Spain. It must have been quite a wrench to drag yourselves back to Brussels.

Aunty, I pride myself on being able to mix with all classes, I'm happy to slum it.

Brom, it must be Aunty's natural magnetism! Sorry to have missed you on your last two trips, but I will certainly be there for the next one.

Pat said...

You've been going up so long you must have broken the sound barrier. Glad you're back

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

How did KNOB make out then? In the competition, I mean. I wasn't implying KNOB actually made out with anyone, although I do recall seeing a snippet about an entire trumpet section arrested in one of the more nocturnal mercantile areas of Seville.

How'd you find the marmalade there, incidentally? Do you rate it?

Sidhusaaheb said...

Muchas Gracias!

That's about as much Spanish as I know.

:P