Thursday, February 22

CHIN UP

I have got absolutely nothing to write about and am laid low with rotten flu, but just to show how magnanimous I am, here is a little reminder that spring is just around the corner.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to bed.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quelques fleurs !
Le menu est simple, mais le plaisir est toujours présent !

Dans le creux des nids,
Les oiseaux blottis
Se sont endormis,

Bonne Nuit !

Tourne la grande ourse, tourne la petite ourse.
Il n'y a pas de nuit sans matin,
Le soleil reviendra demain.

amitié Daphne

Cream said...

Flu? Flu?
You know nothing about flu until you've had Man-flu!

Get better soon, Daff-Odile!

Anonymous said...

Hugs and vitamin C from sunny Leith. Well it's actually quite grey today.

MKWM said...

One month to go till spring, I can hardly wait. Get well soon, Daphne. Hugs & vitamin C of course but do have a 'banjo' or two in the evenings, it helps!

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Merci, cher Crabtree, de ton joli remontant qui porte plus de poesie que le Dafalgan ou le Doliprane.

Cream -- Daff-Odile??? Brilliant. I don't know how you think 'em up. I think I've got Bird Flu. Although Harold always said it was Mad Cow Disease.

Peter and MK, thanks for the vitamins but save the hugs till I'm better, I'm not terribly fragrant after two days in bed perspiring like Miss Piggy and it's like a germ warfare research centre in here right now.

So, from Belgium's answer to Porton Down, goodbye and let's hope it's just an Au Revoir ...

Gorilla Bananas said...

Commiserations Lady Daphne. May your suffering be ephemeral and make you stronger in spirit.

SpanishGoth said...

Blooming flu. Hope Harold was wrong again - evian flu tut tut tut - nasty french water

zoe said...

get better soon, dear.

Pat said...

Birds in the cracks? What is that dip- dop talking about?
Keep your fluids up and spirits.oxoxox

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

A hot toddy would make you stronger in spirit.

Sorry to hear you're laid low, Lady D
Get well soon, hun.

The Aunt said...

Not your first flu this winter. ZINC. In chewy pastille form.

And for Blog's sake call and TELL us, will you!

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Thank you, dear friends - cough, splutter - you are all too kind. I was well enough to make some ablutions this morning and fight my way out of the bacterial zone in search of medical help - unsuccessfully. But that's material for another story. By the time I'd decided to give up and come home, I was starting to feel better anyway.