Saturday, January 20

NOT WAVING BUT DROWNING

I feel a bit like the Queen during that week after Diana's death. I am metaphorically holed up in Balmoral (aka Wayne-Bough Towers) while my public clamours for me to make an appearance. Bear with me, loyal subjects. There are perfectly valid reasons for my silence. It's called Work. I'll be back amongst you as soon as I've surfaced from this mountain of paper. He who pays the piper calls the tune, and all that.




9 comments:

Pat said...

Dinna fash! We'll be here patiently biding.

Gorilla Bananas said...

Well, you know how I feel about you working, ma'am. Instructing the domestic staff is one thing, but making you toil for a salary is a terrible indictment of the system. We'll have to sort out a trust fund.

MKWM said...

Haut le moral whilst in Balmoral, Daphne. You will soon surface haut la main and wave again to the clamouring crowd.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Here's hoping you won't have an annus horribilis, like Queenie did back then. They're miserabilis; a real bummerus.

We'll be here when you return, my darling. Work happens. Hope it's the fun sort.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Well it's the paid sort, more to the point. Perhaps Gorilla Bananas will turn out to be an elderly billionaire looking for an Anna-Nicole Smith. I have one or two things in common with her.

Pat, are you a secret Jock? Angus McSporran was explaining to me that "fash" comes from the French "facher", and that all Scots are honorary French. That can't be right, surely? Perhaps Doc Maroon and Kim can shed more light on this strange matter. If that is the case I think the Act of Union should be repealed immediately and the ungrateful sods returned to their cheese-eating surrender monkey masters forthwith. (Without the oil, of course).

Tippler said...

Heading for a Glasgae kiss, you are, Daphne

Pat said...

I'm married to one although(whisper it not in Ghent) he was born in London.

Tanya said...

Daphers I have tagged you If you feel like doing it you'll have to read my blog dear gal...

Gorilla Bananas said...

"Perhaps Gorilla Bananas will turn out to be an elderly billionaire looking for an Anna-Nicole Smith. I have one or two things in common with her."

Ha! Last time you speculated on my age you thought I was a youngster! I'm young enough to get excited by the thought of what you and Anna-Nicole Smith have in common.