Sunday, December 10

SAY CHEESE

I regret to say I haven't had time to prepare a dissertation for your delectation today, so I'm going to post some of my photographs of the Christmas market to keep you amused. I like taking photographs, even though I find those silly little digital cameras too small and light to resist my heavy (and, on days such as this, after the bloggers' Christmas extravaganza last night, I must confess a slightly shaky) hand, and remain faithful to my trusty old gas-powered Samsung AF Zoom 1050, which requires me to leg it down to the developers and wait three days, but does produce fairly decent pictures which I can then scan in. Last night over the canapes and champagne I was enviously eyeing the Twat's fancy digital SLR whilst striking a pose, but when he told me how much it had cost I choked on my Dom Perignon. If anyone can recommend a digital SLR with some basic options (variable shutter speed, changeable lenses, that sort of thing) at a reasonable price (or better still, buy it for me) I would be most grateful.



Fish shop Brussels style (note the glass of white wine)


Anyone recognize that gorilla?


St Catherine's Church from the Christmas Market


Not Bangkok - Brussels' Chinatown with Christmas lights


Are they expecting power cuts this winter?



Brussels' Rocking Santa






12 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

That gorilla is no relation of mine, milady. I think you should equip yourself with the latest in camera technology, because your current one blurred up the woman's bottom in the first photo. If a camera can't take a sharp picture of the female derriere, you may as well chuck it in the bin.

Tippler said...

What the fook's me dad doing in Brussls with his bloody guitar?!

Cream said...

Do you get mushy peas with Belgian Fish and chips?
Up here, they serve vinegar and you put it on the chips!

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

GB, are you sure it was the photo that was blurred and not your vision - maybe the thought of a fish supper makes you quiver with excitement?

Tippler, I think he's one of Keith Richards children.

Cream, they serve all their veg mushy here and call it "stoemp". Chips are eaten with mayo here.

Anonymous said...

Wrapped in newspaper. Or have times changed? Good photos Daphne why change?

Drama Queen said...

Kinda makes you warm and fuzzy. . .

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Dip Dop, thank you for that blast from the past, we all know the song, but I was fascinated to hear the story behind the words. I always had a soft spot for the Albigensian heretics myself.

Old Rocking Santa busks all year round in Brussels. I think he's American but not sure ... anybody know anything about him?

Violet, suggest you push Desmond out if he starts rocking the boat. Do not under any circumstances go on a fairground ride with the Chinaman, he is lunatic and you will be a gibbering wreck when you get off. I think he saw the Revenge of Fu Manchu too many times.

Tanya said...

Crickey Brussels has never shown such appeal, a shop full of brightly coloured godmichets, I'm on my way !!

Anonymous said...

In my hazy state I read the first picture as "Shit of the North".

This is how wars start.


Dr Maroon. (Google doesn't like my password)

Anonymous said...

"Shit of the North" must be a good title for someone, but who? We must guard against people applying this honorific to Santa Claus.

My password isn't working either.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

I used the word godemichet today when I was told (I hope it was a joke) that our Christmas present from our employer was to be two bottles of wine and a large saucisson. If it is true, I shall take a photograph of offending article of porcine origin and post it all over the blogosphere. I won't reveal the name of my employer as I don't want to lose my job, but I shall drop a large hint.

Doc, you obviously weren't paying attention in French classes at school. "Mer" is not "merde".

GB I can think of a number of people who could be entitled "Shit of the North". But as I am a laydee I won't name them.

Anonymous said...

When you read it quickly the voice in your head says merdunor, the mental babelfish does the rest.