
Here's a scoop for you, two whole months before Eurovision 2009 in Moscow. Spain's entry has been scuppered by the withdrawal of the backing dancers. So, you might say, get some more backing dancers. But in this case, the backing dancers were the stars of the act. They were seven flamenco-dancing brothers called Los Hermanos Vivancos, whose act is a bit like Joaquin Cortes x 7 meets Riverdance.

The lads, Elias, Aaron, Judah, Israel, Cristo, Josue and Josua (not a foreskin between them), have been described as everything from the 'Sex Gods of Flamenco' to 'seven tap-dancing Spaniards' and 'flamenco porn'. Sadly, unless they team up with another singer (Melody is infinitely more expendable than them) we will not get a chance to see Graham Norton pass out at the sight of his ultimate date. Perhaps he will bring them to the West End in a revival of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers meets Fiddler on the Roof.
This is definitely the time to say Ooooh Young Men! Fill yer boots ladies (and Gadjo).

The lads, Elias, Aaron, Judah, Israel, Cristo, Josue and Josua (not a foreskin between them), have been described as everything from the 'Sex Gods of Flamenco' to 'seven tap-dancing Spaniards' and 'flamenco porn'. Sadly, unless they team up with another singer (Melody is infinitely more expendable than them) we will not get a chance to see Graham Norton pass out at the sight of his ultimate date. Perhaps he will bring them to the West End in a revival of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers meets Fiddler on the Roof.
This is definitely the time to say Ooooh Young Men! Fill yer boots ladies (and Gadjo).
19 comments:
Those boys all look the same, milady. You wouldn't be able to tell them apart if they came round for tea. The girl is much more impressive - she's really mastered the snarling face of the mating lioness.
Definitely students from the Joaquin Cortes School of Sweaty Chest Bearing!
"not a foreskin between them" ;-) ... or they could play Joseph's brothers in Technicolour Dreamboat (I mean "coat", sorry).
If this wins, expect on the northern club circuit soon: 7 dancing fat lads from Grimsby calling themselves Los Potatos.
Young fellas should only have their shirts off when they're hauling bags of cement, or bare knuckle fighting in a pub car park.
In fact.. I'm sure there is a law stating that very fact in Glesga.
What could possibly have gone wrong?
The cloning is strictly regulated !!One that passes, Seven it is six of the excess ! !
Des danseuses ,ONE WANTS Des danseuses !!!!!
It is all the same the concour of "l'heureuse vision" :)
Good morning Daphne,
"..scuppered by the withdrawal of the backing dancers" not really into the bareskin dancing boys genre soooo...
Meldoy's fetching look (gotta love a woman who can feign a snarl) and her narrow hips offered a slight diversion. A woman's gotta have hips if she's gonna shake em though.
Like Ray-Ray says, "Shake it, but don't break it..took ya momma nine months to make it."
U
Melody darling, you are charming, sexy and beautiful, but, how can this be put tactfully, tight black and shiny is very difficult, your bum does look big in that.
I'm all breathless after watching this. I had entertained high hopes of Eurovision, but all will be dull without the Magnificent Seven and their six packs.
I am available should they wish to gyrate behind me as I warble along to 'My Boy Lollipop'.
If they have nowhere to go then they are welcome to stay with me. I think they'd make suitable houseboys.
Sx
You wouldn't want them about the house. You'd forever be sweeping up bits of wax and you'd never have the chance of the use of a household mirror again.
How many more countries do we need to nobble in order to win? What, all of them?
Nevermind.
I bet they squeeze each other's back pimples among other things.
They all withdrew? No wonder she looks so furious.
I rather thought that after last year there would be a surfeit of young men baring their midriffs this year. And what does the BBC do? It brings in Andrew Lloyd Webber.
GB, I know we humans all look alike to you, but I am sure there are subtle differences that only their mother could spot.
Gadjo - Joseph, of course, why didn't I think of that. Which is where Graham Norton comes in. So to speak.
Jimmy, young Glaswegian lads tend to be bluish white and skinny and so shouldn't remove their shirts at all.
Pat, something to do with artistic control. Possibly this ridiculous idea that it is a SONG contest and the singer should take centre stage?
Crabtree, crab apples or sour grapes? just because France haven't put in a decent entry to Eurovision since France Gall's "Poupée de Cire poupée de son"!
U, yes we've got the message, dear, you're a red-blooded he-man. There's nothing gay about a male flamenco dancer, it's machismo set to music.
Inky, I think Spanish men like big bums and child-bearing hips.
Mme D, well quite. I do hope they can sort out their differences with Melody.
Scarlet, you could have one for every day of the week.
Kev, and they'd ruin your parquet.
Farty, we should take as our model the Serbian winner from two years ago (on my sidebar - Molitva), it's actually a beautiful song beautifully sung. In Serbian.
Sam, that's the sort of thing you could only ask your brother to do.
Lycus, boom-boom! Thank you, I was waiting for someone to pick up on the obvious. Were there bare chested boys last year? I must pay more attention.
"Crab apples or sour grapes?" I shall say rather !...Faded apple where " grapes of the galère"
Among the things kitsch the Eurovision...
Since 1956 à Lugano;
André Claveau 1958 "Dors Mon Amour"
Jean Philippe 1959 "Oui,oui,oui,oui"
Jacqueline Boyer 1960 "Tom Pilibi"
Évidement in 61 by gallantry Jean-claude PASCAL ,represent the Luxembourg with "Nous les Amoureux"
1962 ,"grand cru" of the song Franco'phone , 1e for france ,Isabelle Aubret with ,"Un Premier Amour" 2e ,François Deguelt composed by Henri Salvador "Dis Rien" 3e camillo Felgen "Petit Bonhomme"
France Gall en 1965 ,the Traitor "traîtresse" will represent the Luxembourg !!!! " Poupée de cire,poupée de son",just like Séverine (Monaco) "Un banc,Un Arbre,Une Rue" 1971
Marie Myriam "L'Oiseau Et L'Enfant" 1977 Last French victory !!! (Grrrrr)
Gorilla Bananas and Melody go back farther than the avuncular old ape will let on: he obviously taught the little chiquita her first moves!
I've just installed an oversized skittle alley, if they can find waxed one another to join them, I'll take the lot.
Flop !!
Daphne,
The U isn't into bungee jumping or swimming with sharks either.
Sometimes a brother just has a personal preference to how he rolls.
U
Post a Comment