Sunday, December 28

THE MOST EXCITING WOMAN IN THE WORLD


Two great monstres sacrés left us during the Christmas holiday. Hot on the heels of the great Harold Pinter, the divine Eartha Kitt sashayed through the Pearly Gates, where she will be met and stroked by 72 bronzed and oiled male models. Orson Welles described her as "the most exciting woman in the world".

She certainly liked a Young Man or three.
If this is the future of care for the elderly, sign me up.


19 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Ah, she certainly knew how to look a man in the eye! I hope she didn't fall for Orson's line, though, that might have had dangerous consequences for her petite frame.

Ms Scarlet said...

I think I'd like to be signed up for all 4 of the young men please!
...Erm.. I'd also like to learn how to roll my 'R's like Eartha. I end up sounding like I'm gargling with spital... not quite the effect I'm aiming for.
She was unique, the best Cat-woman of all time.
Sx

No Good Boyo said...

That's the sort of obituary she'd have liked, Daphne. Wishing you many moules after the Yule.

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

GB, apparently they had a torrid affair. Remind me to send you a copy of the kama sutra, you gorillas are a bit lacking in imagination on that score, I feel. Your females will appreciate it.

Scarlet, I can roll my r's with the best of them. Just throw your head back and loosen your epiglottis. It takes a lot of practice.

Boyo, please do not wish me moules, they disagree with me most violently. After the excesses of this holiday I think salad and mineral water is going to be more the order of the day.

Gadjo Dilo said...

Ah, I loved Ms Kitt, and probably would have done anything for her. I'd ask you to play I'm Mad About The Boy, but people would think I'm a bit gay.

Dr Maroon said...

Ah, she certainly knew how to look a man in the eye!
Tres drole I'm sure, Mr Gorilla Bananas.


Daphne, NO!
Care in the community? Never!
One is only ready for care in the community when one urinates in the street, or is mistaken by one's costume, for a member of staff at a Dickensian theme pub, or when one bores strangers to death with economic theory, or when one knocks on the doors of the good plain people of suburbia looking for another house entirely, or when one starts drinking at 1230 prompt, or when one remembers when all this were fields and the only Oracle was at Delphi...

I'll get me coat

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Gadjo, the dragged-up Yul Brynner's version from The Magic Christian is the best, but I can't find the clip any more. A song dear to my heart.

Doc, would that be a white coat you're reaching for? You've never mentioned the degree in medecine - Edinburgh I trust?

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Oh here it is. But you have to jump to about one minute in.

Dr Maroon said...

You never asked. But no, it's the others that have the white coats.

Mr Farty said...

Ah, Eartha was just an old fashioned girl, much like yourself. That was also one of the earliest songs I recall from the days of steam radio.

*raises a virtual glass*

Ms Scarlet said...

Happy New Year Daphne!
Sx

Dr Maroon said...

Bit previous Scarlet my old lovely, we're not at Hogmanay yet!
What the Hell.
Cheers everyone!

Gadjo Dilo said...

Is that Yul Brynner???!!!!! My whole world is upside down - but I like it. Happy New Year, Daphers!

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Maroon, Farty and all sweaty socks, I wish you a happy Hogmanay, lang may yer lum reek an a' that tartan shite.

Scarlet, and the same to you my dear, may 2009 bring you all you wish for. Failing which, join Second Life.

Gadjo, remarkable isn't it? More tart than tatar. We all need to be turned on our heads now and again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE !

Krimo said...

All the best for the New Year, D.

Pat said...

Now I'm sad to say I always felt there was a touch of the Emperor's clothes about Harold's oeuvre and his politics both incensed me and bored me rigid.
Eartha was no oil painting but charisma? In spades.

Anonymous said...

Daphne - does Dr M's criteria for care in the community make you think of Desmond? Apart from the fact that 1230 is a little late for Desmond to start drinking.

Sczeczliwego Nowego Roku, old girl.

And La Multi Ani to Gadjo.

Best, Vi

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

Krimo, the couscous was a triumph! If you ever think of opening a Brussels branch of Krimo's, you've got a head cook (me) and bottle washer (McChe).

Pat, Eartha proved that looks are irrelevant, it's the hussy inside that counts.

Vi, zajemnie kochanie! Dr M is a Jock and therefore has to pace himself. Desmond has always worn Dickensian costume, as I recall.

Anonymous said...

what a blinding smile she had. and I want the bra she's wearing in the top picture