Saturday, December 20

GAWD BLESS US, EVERY ONE!


Come inside, pour yourself a glass of my best cooking sherry, and warm yer cockles by the fire.
You're never alone with a blog!





A peaceful Christmas to all my readers. I'm off to Blighty to investigate whether Mrs Pouncer is, in fact, me, and to benefit from the pound/euro exchange rate. It'll stop me worrying about the Belgian Prime Minister who has resigned for the FOURTH time since he took office.

I am going to advise King Albert to accept this time.


12 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

You've chosen the same Christmas song as Miss Jade of the Jungle! She is a real woman, Lady Daphne, I have not just invented her to make conversation.

Ms Scarlet said...

I mis-read this as You're never alone with a log!
I am such a twit.
Sx

Mr Farty said...

And a Merry Ecksmas to you too, m'dear! Bottoms up!

Kevin Musgrove said...

A log isn't just for Christmas.

...

Sorry. I'll go back to wrapping up the parcels.

Anonymous said...

Ok. If that's all it takes to be a Youtube Star I should have got involved years ago...

Lynx said...

So does this mean that Fortis is not going to be sold to the Frenchies? I don't have much money with them (just enough to cover my mid-week consumption of beer and burgers), but I do worry that this money is now in the safe hands of the Belgian state.

If I had the ear of the King of the Belgians I'd suggest that you should run the country Daphne. I'm sure you could get the place ship-shape and Bristol fashion in no time.

Anonymous said...

Hasta Manana dahlink! And do tell Gadjo that I come out in hives if I go anywhere near Luton.

Mwah! Mwah!

Vi

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

In haste, darlings, I'm about to jump on Eurostar.

GB, who is that blonde bimbo warbling on Jade's version? A whole host of bimbos have massacred that song, Nat's is the only one that makes you go all crinkly.

Scarlet, you ARE never alone with a log. That goes without saying.

Farty, what are you putting your bottom up this year?

Kev, over here they serve a chocolate log for dessert after Christmas dinner. If you have a carry-on sense of humour, it's hard to take the continent seriously.

Guru, nice of you to drop in - are you back from your travels?

Lynx, tell me about it. Luckily I only opened my pension plan with Fortis a couple of years ago. It is worth pretty much now what it was the day I opened it. Or perhaps slightly less. Now they've brought the government down. You wouldn't get that with NatWest. Thank you for your vote of confidence, the first thing I would do is sell it to the French for a symbolic euro.

Vi darlink, I have gone to great pains to get your Christmas present this year. I shall expect a very large G&T on arrival tonight. Gadjo has been waiting for you at Luton airport since Friday. The least you could do is give him a flash of your fishnets after all that flirting!

Merry Christmas everybody! I'm not back till next Saturday night so next week's post will be a bit late.

Pat said...

This is late because one finds oneself repeating the same thing over an over again - so a late but sincere wish for a happy Christmas and a great 2009. If you're near T. Wells blow a kiss for me - down near the Castle Hotel where my shop used to be.
BTW have you put a spell on the Rossendale Valley? They may be without gas over Christmas.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Let the politicians fiddle whilst Rome burns..they'll do anything to stay in the headlines.

Thank You for another year of delightful & insightful ponderings.
I always enjoy travelling here and finding out what's what.

Merry festivus chrismakwanzakkuh thingamabob.
XX OO

Kevin Musgrove said...

Merry Thingy Daphne.

God help us when the Morality Police cotton on to the effect that Nat King Cole has on the ladies!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas, Daphne. Whishing you warm wassail and toasty roasties.
x