Do you know I was preparing a long impassioned piece about climate change and why you should care about the Campaign for Climate Justice and participate in the world's first musical petition before the Climate Conference in Copenhagen in December.
And then cause fatigue set in. So watch the video at the top to start with.
Anyway, I've noticed that the less I write, the more comments I get. So when you've watched the video at the top, put a pair of headphones on and mime along to the one at the bottom. Bob Geldof and Lily Allen are supposed to be in it but I must have blinked a couple of times.
Interesting fact (1): The song 'Beds are Burning' was written, and originally performed, by the Australian band Midnight Oil, whose singer, Peter Garrett, is now Australian Minister for the Environment! How cool is that?
Possibly interesting fact (2): Vincent Perez, dishy Frenchman who appears in this video, used to date Carla Bruni and is now stepdad to Gérard Depardieu's son.
If you want to download the tune and in so doing add your signature to the petition going to Copenhagen asking for a robust agreement to replace the Kyoto Protocol which runs out in 2012, you can do it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment